CMSB 2019 will be held in Trieste, the most mitteleuropean of Italian cities, a port city, a science city (the european city of science in 2020). Informations about Trieste can be found here.
The conference will be held in the buildings of the University of Trieste, more specifically in Building H3, Room 3B, 3rd floor.
Room 3B (third floor),
Department of Mathematics and Informatics.
University of Trieste,
Via Alfonso Valerio, 12/2,
34127 Trieste (Italy)
How to reach the venue from the city center
- Bus – The best way is to take a bus. From Trieste Central Railway Station you can take bus n. 17/ (the stop is located just outside the main entrance of the station), n. 39 and n. 51 (the stop is located to the opposite side of the square). From city center, you can take bus number 17 (the stop is located in Piazza Tommaseo, next to Piazza Unità, the central main square – a must to visit). Google maps has the full bus schedule.
- Foot – Walking from city center may take about 40-50 minutes, uphill.
- Taxi – A taxi from the center of Trieste or from the Central Railway Station to the location of CMSB will cost around 15 Euros. you can reserve one by calling +39 040 307730.
How to reach Trieste
- By Train – there are hourly connections from Venezia (passing through Venezia Mestre) and Udine, and few long term connections per day from Milano, Torino, and Roma. Please check Trenitalia website for more detailed information.
- By Plane to Trieste Airport – Trieste also has an airport, hosting Alitalia, Lufthansa, and Ryanair flights. to reach the city. From Trieste Airport (35km from the city), you can take a train from Trieste Airport Railway Station that gets you into the Central Railway Station in about 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can take coach n. 51 to Trieste, stopping you at the Coach station, just next to the central railway station, or a a shared minivan with GoOpti.
- By Plane to Venice Airport – You can also fly to Venezia Marco Polo airport, and take from there a bus to Venezia Mestre train station and then a train, or take a bus (flixbus and buscenter both have direct courses from Venice airport) or a shared minivan with GoOpti (the fastest solution).